Portable LED Work Lights
TC-TSL-13W-50K-565W LED Temporary Jobsite String Lights - 50' Run - Linkable - 7,150 Lumens TotalShowHide specs
- Color Options
- Battery Type
Correlated Color Temperature is the hue, or tint of white to expect from a light source and is measured in kelvin. Lower numbers give off a warmer white that is closer to candle light, and is good for relaxed and cozy spaces. Higher numbers give off a cooler white light that will appear more blueish. While values to the middle of the spectrum give off a more neutral or natural white light that is similar to daylight. Natural and cool white are considered ideal for task lighting.
The brightness of a product in relation to the 1 results.
This Product 7150 lm Brightest Product in Results 7150 lmView More Info
Contact a Support SpecialistPhone and Chat Hours
Monday - Thursday 8:30am - 8pm CDT Friday 8:30am - 4pm CDTTech Support Hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4pm CDTLocal Pickup Office Hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4pm CDT
What are the benefits of switching to LED work lights?
There are several benefits of switching to LED work lights, including:
- Energy efficiency: LED work lights are energy-efficient. They consume less electricity reducing operating costs compared to halogen lights.
- Durability: LEDs are durable, long-lasting, and less prone to breakage than halogen bulbs. They can withstand frequent use and harsh working conditions.
- Brightness: LED work lights provide bright and clear illumination, essential for working in low-light conditions. They also offer a uniform light distribution without dark spots or shadows in your workspace.
- Low heat emission: LEDs emit very little heat, making them safer than halogen bulbs, especially in confined spaces.
- Environmentally friendly: LED work lights are free from toxic materials reducing your risk of hazardous material exposure.
Switching to LED work lamps can improve energy efficiency, reduce operating costs, and deliver a safer and more productive work environment.
What is a COB work light?
COB stands for Chip-On-Board, which is a technology used in LED lighting. A COB work light is a type of LED work light that uses this technology. In a COB LED, multiple LED chips are bonded directly to a substrate and coated with a phosphor gel to form a single module creating a high-powered, compact light source that provides luminous, uniform illumination.
COB work lights are known for their high energy efficiency, durability, and brightness. They produce less heat than halogens or incandescent bulbs and have a longer lifespan, making them ideal for work environments where bright, reliable lighting is needed.
Overall, COB work lights are a popular choice for various applications, including automotive work, construction, home repair, and other tasks that require bright and reliable lighting. The NEBO OMNI 2K Omni-Directional Work Light is an LED rechargeable work light that offers multi-directional hands-free lighting and doubles as a power bank to charge other USB-powered devices on the job.
Can you replace work light halogen bulbs with LEDs?
Yes, you can replace halogen work light bulbs with LEDs! All you need to do is find out what type of halogen bulb your portable work light has and then choose a compatible LED replacement bulb. The 7W R7s LED light bulb is an ideal replacement for equivalent T3 halogen bulbs standard in portable work lights.
Can you convert a halogen work light to LEDs?
While you can replace your halogen bulb with an LED retrofit bulb, your best bet to future-proof your portable work lights is to upgrade to integrated LED portable work lights.
With the phase-out of incandescent and halogen bulbs starting in the summer of 2023, changing to an LED work light will save you money and time in the long run. If you want long-lasting work lights, durable and worry-free LEDs are the way to go.
Most LEDs have a lifetime of roughly 50,000 hours, reducing time spent sourcing and replacing halogen bulbs and increasing productivity and on-site hours.
How many lumens should a work light be?
The lumens needed for a portable work light will depend on your work and the size of the area you need to illuminate. Generally, a work light should have at least 1000 lumens for basic tasks, but more demanding tasks may require a brighter light.
You may need a work light with at least 2000-3000 lumens for detailed work, such as electronics repair or woodworking. Get a work light with 5000 lumens or more for larger areas or outdoor work.
Ultimately, the best way to determine the appropriate lumens for your work light is to consider the specific needs of your work environment and select a light that provides the right brightness level for your needs.
What is the best portable LED work lamp?
The best portable LED work light depends on the job and work site location. In no particular order, here are some of our favorites:
- 100W Portable LED Work Light - Construction sites, workshops, home remodeling projects
- 200W Dual-Head LED Work Light With Tripod - Same as above with the added versatility of two light heads, higher output, and a 57” tripod to light the areas you need.
- NEBO OMNI 2K - Omni-Directional Work Light - Rechargeable, folds into a compact size for storage, IPx4 water-resistant, impact-resistant, and doubles as a USB power bank.
- 120W LED Temporary High Bay - Plug-and-play operation, daisy chain up to ten with the 9’ power cord, 360-degree illumination, and IP65 waterproof rated.
- 125W LED Temporary String Work Light - Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, IP65 waterproof, easy hanging attachment via carabiners, five lamps spaced ten feet apart for area lighting, and linkable up to three strings to cover 150 feet.