Motorcycle Engine LED Lighting Kit - Single Color
|Complete Motorcycle Engine LED Lighting Kit with two Weatherproof Flexible LED Strip. Available in 1/2 meter (19.7 in) weatherproof light strip with 3M VHB adhesive backing, can be cut into 3-LED segments. Includes a mini ON/OFF toggle switch or remote control with key fobs. Complete kit comes with everything for a clean, professional installation of custom motorcycle lighting. Applications includes Harley Davidsons, Cruisers, Sport Bikes, Choppers, and Snowmobiles. See Motorcycle Engine Color Changing RGB LED Lighting Kit|
|Standards and Certifications|
|2 x Weatherproof Flexible Light Strip
|2 x Heat Shrink Snap Spade
|5 x Black Cable Ties
|1 x Mini Automotive Fuse
|4 x Wire Nut
|1 x Toggle Switch
1 x Key Fob Remote
Motorcycle Engine Lighting Kit(MEL-KIT-x60)
Please check your state and local laws before installing the kit. Every state has different policies and procedures for aftermarket accessories. Super Bright LEDs, Inc. is not responsible for any fines that you may incur while using the motorcycle engine lighting kit. This kit is designed for off road use only.Pre-test & Configure
Briefly connect the strips red positive wire to positive (+) on battery, and black negative wire to negative (-) on battery to test for proper light operation.
Hold light strip under the tank to determine the length needed for your installation. Strips may be trimmed. See cutting details below.
Make sure wires can be routed in a such a way that they will not be pinched, cut, or exposed to direct heat or moving parts. If a power wire is pinched it could cause the kit to malfunction, and may void the warranty due to physical damage.Installation
1. Make sure motorcycle is cool; mounting surface should be between 45°F ~ 80°F to achieve the strongest bonding results from strips adhesive backing. Motorcycle should be parked on a flat surface and secured for installation. Ensure the installation surface is clean and dry, free from any oils, dirt, wax, and moisture.
2. Locate battery and unhook the battery negative (-) cable. Remove seat or side covers as needed to gain access to this area.WARNING: Negative (-) battery cable must be unhooked first to avoid fire hazard
1. Starting from the front of the tank with the strip’s wires to the rear of tank, begin to remove strips backing while adhering to underside of tank near frame. Press firmly to secure strip to surface. Repeat for other side of tank.
2. Using the diagram as a guide, connect black negative wires from both strips to snap spade and ground to frame or negative (-) side of battery
3. Use a wire nut to connect red positive wires from both strips, along with one black wire from toggle switch.
4. Connect the remaining black wire from the toggle switch to one orange wire from the fuse holder using a wire nut. Insert 2A fuse into holder.
5. Connect remaining orange wire from fuse holder to positive (+) side of battery using a snap spade.
6. To seal wire side of snap spade connectors, use a heat gun or another heat source.
7. Mount the toggle switch to a convenient location below the seat.